Review: Midnight's Master by Cynthia Eden

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Description:
In a world of shadows, desire conquers all...

Tall, dark, and formidable, Niol Lapen is the last demon on earth most people would ask for a favor, yet the sexy little reporter who wanders into his club dares to do exactly that. Holly Storm already knows too much about his kind, and Niol has no wish to help her get in deeper over her head. But working alongside her may be the only way to stop a killer, even as it ignites a primal desire unlike anything he's known.

Holly has seen firsthand what Niol is capable of, but that doesn't frighten her nearly as much as her body's instinctive reaction to him, or the wild, fierce passion that would tempt her to follow him through hell itself. Something evil and relentless is prowling the streets of Atlanta. And as Holly's search leads her into danger that even Niol could never have predicted, she'll uncover a secret that could rip her world apart. (by goodreads.com)

Review:

The third book of the Midnight Trilogy is about the little noisy TV reporter Holly Storm. Since her confrontation with the world of the Other in the last book she sees the world with different eyes. She knows what these Others can do but she don't let herself be intimidated and stays true to her mission: discovering the truth and show it to the world. The whole mess starts when one of her demon informants is killed and she feels determinate to find the one responsible and bring him to justice. She contacts Niol Lapen, sexy level ten demon and mister wet dream in one person. Niol is full of destructive powers and a not so minor attraction to Holly. He tries to shove her as far away as possible while still saving her from her noisy self and its consequences.

Both characters are very fascinating and they held my attention from the beginning. OK, I admit it: Niol had my attention from the first book of the series but I'm a sucker for misunderstood bad guys. ;-) He's very mysterious and so adorable when he starts caring for Holly's wellbeing. He never tries to hide his bad sides and flaws but he don't seem to notice the good ones. I now have the opinion it can't be bad to have your on demon.
Holly is strong and willful despite her knowledge that she's week in comparison to the Others. She never gives up and don't hush away when a certain demon wants her to.

The story itself is breathtaking and fast-paced. Eden's writing style is so gripping that I forgot time completely while reading. Definitely the best book so far in this series and I so hope there will be more despite the name as trilogy. We still have so many things to discover and I want to read it all.


For more Information about this series & her other books visit Cynthia Eden's website: www.cynthiaeden.com


Midnight Trilogy:
1. Hotter After Midnight: Reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon
2. Midnight Sins: Reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon
3. Midnight Master: Reviews @goodreads, buy @amazon

8 comments:

Park Avenue Princess said...

Great review!! Thanks, I'll definitely have to check it out! I really love your blog! Glad I found it! You're welcome to come by mine anytime!

xoxo Amy (park-avenu princess)

Donna said...

I haven't read any of Cynthia Eden's books, I need to give them a try. Enjoyed your review!

Cecile Smutty Hussy said...

Great review!!! I have the first one, so I am trying to hold off on reading it until I get all of them!!!
But very well done!!

And YAYAYAYAY for you on your exams!!
I hope you have a great Sunday!

Smokinhotbooks said...

Thank god I stopped by, I've been wanting to add another demon book to my TBR pile. Thanks for the review, any book that has "sexy level ten demon and mister wet dream in one person" is a absolute must read.

K.C.

Linda Ellen said...

I need to read this series then! I'm a little reluctant to start reading a new series now my TBR pile is just huge and adding a series on top of it just makes it bigger, but this series sounds really good. Great review. =)

Leontine said...

I have read the first in this trilogy and have # 2 and 3 waiting. After reading your review Susi I am glad they are at my disposal :D

Lea said...

Hey Susie!

I know I left a comment on this post previously, however it disappeared!! lol

I wanted to say, wonderful review. I won a copy of this book and have the rest of the series in my stacks. I'm looking forward all the more to the read now!

Best
L

SusiSunshine said...

OK I admit it I was lazy with my blog but I'm back!

@ParkAvenuePrincess Thanks! I'll stop by...

@Donna Definitely do this! I so loved these books.

@Cecile Now I admire you. I'm never able to hold back and regret it after reading a book without having the next one at hand. Perfect example is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. We've got the original at bf's parents home and I had to buy it a second time on a Saturday to read it over the weekend.

@Smokinhotbooks This is a really good demon book and Niol is really wet dream material.

@Linda I so know what you mean. I have this feeling every time I go through all these fantastic blogs and read the reviews. It's hard to choose but this series is definitely worse a try.

@Leontine Please do!

@Lea Thanks and that's a really great win. Hope you enjoy these books as much as I did.

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP