Review: The Beauty and the Feast by Julia Rachel Barrett

Friday, May 7, 2010

Description:
Eva Raines is an uncomplicated country girl who's all about food. Eva moves to the Napa Valley where her culinary skills come to the attention of the owners of a start-up, All Things to All People, and Eva finds her niche as a personal chef. Now all she needs is a man as perfect as her cooking, but she has serious doubts that such a creature exists.

When wealthy entrepreneur, winery owner, and noted Lothario, Gabriel Abbott, makes plans to seduce his flavor of the month, his assistant hires All Things to All People to cater a gourmet dinner. Eva expects to use her way with food to showcase the startup. What she unexpectedly discovers is that her culinary skills showcase far more.

Once Gabriel finds himself seduced by Eva's voice, and the sensual flavors and textures of her food, his previous plans are quickly forgotten. He begins to obsess about meeting his little chef in person. But when Eva and Gabe finally come face to face, the question is, how hot will their fire burn?

Review:
I read this book a while back in my exams period and I just discovered that I totally forgot to review it in all the stress. And it totally deserves a review. I got this book from Julia and I'm so thankful she send it to me. It really made my day better and let me forget all the stress of the exams for a few hours.

What makes this book so special? I loved that the characters felt this huge attraction to each other even before they met. I think we all know that situation when you hear the voice of someone and start thinking about what he or she will look like. Or perhaps that is just me because of my job at the directory assistance.

Eva is a wonderful character. She works for a catering firm and is a really independent woman. She seems perfect and prim as in how can she be that perfect but after a bit of time we discover what makes her a real human. She has a seriously dirty mouth from time to time and I had to laugh so often just cuz of the stuff  that came out of her mouth. She loves to cook and it mostly felt like foreplay what she does with the food. I really liked her from the start.

When Gabe hears Eva's voice for the first time he is smitten and it gets even worse when he tastes her food for the first time. I really thought that food couldn't be such a turn on but Gabe showed me that I was wrong. He really "likes" her food and OMG how I wished I were the cook. He is one hot man and I completely understand what Eva finds so interesting and sexy about him. He has a way to talk and gesture that just makes you crave him. He's a millionaire but is still such a nice guy.

Together these two are one nice pair. They are made for each other. They have these easy conversations and funny banters but they know how to turn up the heat, too. I'm always totally blown away how Julia creates this matching couples. I love how her couples are together and how they seem to be so real.

One thing I didn't like is the old condom story. I know it is an old rant but I really can't get how you can forget any protection for so long. Not good at all!!!

The story around our couple was okay but I think that the whole Stephanie and her revenge thing was a bit too much. I don't think a woman would be that way without having any real connection to the man before. It could be that I just haven't met such a girl but I'm happy I didn't. LOL

All in all Beauty and the Feast was a wonderful book to give your mind a rest from a stressy time. I couldn't put it down and I enjoyed not only the steamy part but also all the food. Be aware that this book will make you hungry and not only in the literal way. *wink*

To learn more about Julia and her books please visit her website here.


You can read other reviews @goodreads and you can buy the book @fictionwise

10 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I like that too, that they fell for each other before they met, well he fell for her :D
The old condom story, they do get forgetful in their passion I guess...or the authors wants to make a baby

Smokinhotbooks said...

I love Beauty and the Beast romance type books!!! I'm checking this one out.

Julia Barrett said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! Would have emailed you last night but I spent the day traveling on tiny planes! You are the best, Susi!

elv0620isr_cadena said...

great msg for me, thanks a lot dude˙﹏˙

Mandi said...

This one was cute..I love the combo of food and romance :)

Janna said...

I won this book and when Julia sent it to my she included another present, her book Captured! :) She rocks! :)
I haven't read this yet, but after reading your thoughts I can hardly wait. Wonderful review, hon! :)

Marissa said...

Hi Susi, have not been around in a while, so busy... Hope you are well! I love the sound of this story, right up my alley, going to add this to my wishlist. Hope you have a great weekend!

SusiSunshine said...

@Julia Well deserved hon!

@Mandi I enjoyed that too! Bad for the diet but enjoyable. ;)

@Janna I so liked Captured. I'm still hoping Julia will write a second book in that world. So good but you know I love SciFi.

@Marissa Good to see you hon! And no worries I understand. Hope you are alright too.

Julia Barrett said...

Yup, Susi - working on a second book that takes place 3-5 years later.

SusiSunshine said...

@Julia That is awesome hon! I so can't wait to get my greedy little on that one. Woot! You go girl!

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP