ARC Review: Three to Tango by Lauren Dane, Megan Hart, Emma Holly, Bethany Kane

Friday, April 29, 2011

Blurb:
Four of erotic fiction’s most talented authors carry readers away with all-new tales of ecstasy that prove that the most delectable things in life come in threes…

In Emma Holly’s FLIPPING FOR CHELSEA, Shay and Liam shared an unforgettable night with their lifelong friend, Chelsea, awakening a rush of forbidden feelings—feelings they have to reckon with when the three reunite, and the unrequited lust between them is too much to bear.

Though Ava left her hard-knock Georgia childhood behind, she never forgot Luca and Angelo. Together they were best friends with a bond that could never be broken. But when she returns, the three must decide whether to face the fires that burn between them, or forgo their desires forever in Lauren Dane’s DIRTY/BAD/WRONG.

In Megan Hart’s JUST ONE NIGHT, fun-loving couple Kerry and Jeremy find themselves in a triangle of trouble when Kerry’s old crush, Brian, returns for a school reunion, and Jeremy gives her his enthusiastic approval to seduce him. But while Jeremy has no trouble sharing Kerry, Brian isn’t sure he can handle what’s coming.

Years ago, Walker walked out on Madeline when she needed him most. Now, the ex-Secret Service agent is back—hired to protect Madeline by her billionaire boss, Tony. Madeline is determined to make him pay for denying her desires—and she’s not above bringing Tony in to sweeten the deal in Beth Kery’s ON THE JOB.

Susi's review:
When I got the chance to review this anthology I actually jumped up and down like a madwoman. I love Ms Dane's and Ms Hart's writing and both in one book was just too good to be true. In retrospect I'm even more happy I read it because I discovered another great author.

Dirty/Bad/Wrong by Lauren Dane - 5 stars
This story has all the reason why I love Lauren's writing. It's sexy as hell- we have some serious dirty talking and the general sexual openness I admire in her work. She isn't afraid to take the unconventional route even in a genre that already is exactly that. We get a menage where the guys are also in love. *swoon* I love that. Why? Because I always doubt these scenarios where the guys just love the woman and still live together happily forever after. I like when the love is more balanced out and for me it's just what I want to read about in a book like this.
Second fact why I love her books- she has a way to create these family bonds- even when the "family" isn't the real blood related one. She threads all the emotions together and you won't be able to stay detached. She just grabs your heart and you will fall in love with her characters. Just wonderful.Her characters are wonderful fleshed out and each one of them has a special feel- it makes them special in their own and give the story itself more vibrancy. One of my favorite stories by Ms Dane.

Just One Night by Megan Hart - 4 stars
Again Ms Hart chose one of the harder ways to approach the threesome topic. I love the way she always does that- she catches your interest with raising one of those "moral" questions (okay that sounds weird but it kind of is like this) and then pushes you through the story on your way to discover how she will solve it

Jeremy is the mysterious boyfriend that likes the idea of letting his girlfriend fuck her teenage crush. At first he really seemed fun and yes some people have kinks like that but a bit into the story I started thinking about what kind of boyfriend that is? Does he actually love her? These are also some questions Kerry asks herself. She is concerned about what her actions will actually mean to the working relationship she lives in. Will she ruin this? Does she care if she does? Because when she really is honest she wants it too. Brian isn't only her teenage crush- he still is one of her fantasies and don't we love it when those are even better in real life?
Brian is a nice guy in contrast to our first 2 protagonists- the guy you would fall in love with in high school and always dream about later in your life. He's not as "dirty" as these two are and he's a bit thrown headfirst into the mix without any real warning. But he learns fast and with the passion he and Kerry have going between each other it's no real surprise.
In the middle of the story the tension rose so much I just couldn't stop reading..- a heart-wrenching sitution that will make you ache. Again a very emotionally intense story I love through and through.

Flipping for Chelsea by Emma Holly - 5 stars
Okay i admit my first thought was WTF seriously? But luckily my misinterpretation of the beginning solved itself really fast and nearly immediately changed into OMFG hawt. Shay and Liam are very different characters. The young Shay we meet in the first chapter really broke my heart. He is a nice guy with a tragic past that was just so cute. He's a teenage boy with a huge crush not only on his best friend, Chelsea, but also on his "brother" (who isn't really his brother *whew*) Liam. He can't help it but he wants them both and he knows that if he ever shows his attraction in front of Liam he will lose the precious friendship they share. This made me so sad- love should never be something you have to hide but unfortunately sometimes it's the only way to keep something you treasure more than anything save. Liam on the other side is more mature and let's say it as it is more built. *swoon* I loved him- the young and the older one. He's demanding but not overbearing. Caring but not to mushy- just the right mix for my taste. When the story progressed into the present time the tension between our characters was even stronger. I loved how everything in this story fit together- the characterization, the story and the sex scenes just fit and made it a whole thing that was wonderfully balanced.
The sex scene in the first chapter really caught me off guard and made me sit around with an open mouth- now I'm not even sure why. It wasn't something I never read about before but Ms Holly wrote it in a way that blew me away- in a really burning hot way. I don't know why I never read her books before but I already order 3 other books- so you can see it was awesome. 

On The Joby by Bethany Kane - 3 stars
This one was sadly my least favorite in this anthology. It seems Ms Kery's writing is a hit or miss for me. For my taste the characterisation was too shallow and the sex to intense in comparism. I couldn't really follow why the attraction between them was burning so hot and even more I didn't get why Madeline submitted so easily to Walker. My connection to the characters didn't grow enough- so I actually felt pretty detached while reading it. I also thought that Walker got away with too much but perhaps that resolutes in my non-understanding of their relationship. The story was still really hot even though it pushed some of my buttons. The plot was nice at first but it resolved too easily. It really took the second row and the sex was too much the focus. Don't get me wrong I like my smut like any girl but I actually would have more depth around it.

Three to Tango is one of the best anthologies I ever read. It kept me glued to the pages and actually prevented me from doing the important stuff for one whole day. A great collection of erotic romance which also delivers the emotional depth I love in my books. Highly recommended read!

and the HEAs are devilishly good. *g*
Author Links:
Lauren Dane, Megan Hart, Emma Holly, Bethany Kane


Book Links:

3 comments:

MrsMixx said...

I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit to read this book! It sounds like so much fun. and...well...yeah your evil teasing while reading it did help. lol

Blodeuedd said...

Ohhhh awesome anthology :D

SusiSunshine said...

@pattepoilue Yyou will love it!! I'm so sure.

@blodeuedd. Yes it was. Made me happy!

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP