Saturday, July 2, 2011
Making this post is a real eye opener for me. I seem to have a problem with rating books LOL. By that I mean...look at my books and see the ratings? If you ask me I’d tell you that there are different kinds of ratings depending on the genre I read. I’m more demanding of a Historical romance than an erotic novella. THIS is my problem, I don’t seem to know how to rate as a whole, but by genre. So yes I know it looks like I’ve given the same rating to all the books... *sigh* Anyway...
1. Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews (4 ½ stars) :
It was fun and exciting. Not the best in the series but it was good. I can’t wait for more Roland time. Yes I’m Team Roland LOL
2. How to Woo a Reluctant Lady by Sabrina Jeffries (4 ½ stars) :
This 1 was a bit slower than the previous books in the series but it was still really good. I love this series and I can’t wait for the next 2.
3. Just Like Heaven by Julia Quinn: (4 ½ stars)
Cute! A very cute story. Alright, so it wasn’t very smexy but it was funny and easy to read. I loved seeing the Bridgerton again.
4. Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison (4 ½ stars)
Hot, fun, fast-paced, original. NOM Talk about a hot hero! I have to admit there might have been some eye-rolling at the heroine’s secret but it was still fun. Will be waiting for next book.
5. Kisri by Moira Rogers: (4 ½ stars)
Short and satisfying. Smexy steamy story. (Review)
6. Hexed by Kevin Hearne (audiobook) (4 ½ to 5 stars).
I listen to this Audiobook and it was awesoooooome. I fell in love with both the narrator’s voice(s) and the characters. I am in withdrawals, i NEED book 3. NEED!! *eyetwitch* Only a few days to wait.
7. Shameless by Anne Stuart (4 ½ Stars)
I loved it, loved nearly everything about it. It ranks high on my top book of 2011 list. Once again Anne Stuart delivers a fantastic tale and give us the HEA of the characters of the previous book. <3 (review)
8. Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep (Audiobook) (4 Stars)
It was a nice book but it felt a bit slow at times. I guess it’s because this audiobook is narrated quite slowly. I wanted to rush the narrator. I also really dislike the ‘hero’. REALLY dislike him. I also discovered one of my pet peeves with this series. The heroine can see LOTS of things in a look...I mean things like ‘something flashed into his eyes, hurt, guilt, desire, regrets, ..bla blabla’. O_O yes right, you can see all that in 1 look. O_o anyway...still good series. I’m addicted and book 3 is really good so far.
9. Unlocked by Courtney Milan (4 ½ stars)
How I wished this had been a full length novel. It was very original and emotional. I loved it to pieces. I think even Susi would have liked it!
10. Seduction and Scandal by Charlotte Featherstone (3 or 3 ½ Stars)
I wanted to love this book but I was disappointed. I’ll still be waiting for book 2. Review to come soon.
June was pretty good but I only read so many books because many of them were shorts or novellas. And I cheated with the anthologies- I only read one story in those. *bad Susi*But I read some pretty good books. So yay!
1. Kiss of Snow (Psy/Changling #10) by Nalini Singh - (5 stars)
We waited so long for Hawke's book and let's just say it was worth every second. LURVED it!
2. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews - (4 stars )
As always I really loved it but it was a bit slow in the middle. Still better than most but you know, high expectations and all.
3. What a Goddess Wants (Forgotten Goddesses, #1) by Stephanie Julian - (4,5 stars) (my review)
Great start to a new series. I adore Julian's mix of sexy, fun and exciting moments.
4. Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) by Lorelei James - (3 stars)
Still very hot but I didn't like how easy Carter had it at the end. >.<
5. Two Weddings (Southern Arcana #3.5) by Moira Rogers - (4 stars)
Very entertaining short- makes me want to read Cipher even more.
6. Pushed to the Limit (Limit Wars #2) by Nico Rosso - (3,5 stars) (my review)
Really promising scifi. Great setting but the romance developed too fast for me.
7. Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas - (5 stars)
I adored this book. Awesome romance and heartbreakingly good plot. All thumbs up.
8. Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas - (4 stars)
I really enjoyed this one too but it was my least favorite of all three. Still better than most books in this genre though. I highly recommend this series to all romance lover- outstandingly good.
9. Kisri (And the Beast, #2) by Moira Rogers - (3 stars) (my review)
I enjoyed this one but for me Rogers werewolves will always be my favorites.
10. Fragile (Rafferty, #1) by Shiloh Walker - (3 stars)
I expected much of this one but sadly it was too much emotional talk with too many repetitions.
11. Cat's Tale: A Fairy Tale Retold by Bettie Sharpe - (3 stars) (my review)
Very unique retelling of Puss in Boots. The setting was funny but the heroine was a but too much for me.
12. Burning Up (Psy/Changeling #8.5) by Nalini Singh - (5 stars) (I only read Magic Dreams)
So far Singh never disappointed me. I love her writing and the changeling have a special place in my heart.
13. Hexed (Kate Daniels #4.5) by Ilona Andrews - (4 stars) (I only read Whisper of Sin)
It was soooo good to read about Dali and Jim but it was over too fast. After reading the last sentence I turned the page and was like WHAT? It's over? *sad susi*
14. Return To Shanhasson (Blood and Shadows, #3) by Joely Sue Burkhart - (3,5 stars)
This last part of the Trilogy was not what I expected. I times I felt like a prude Greenlander. LOL But still so good to see this awesome series come to a conclusion. review to come!
What was your favorite read in June?