FO Friday (3) Part 1: Caroline

Friday, August 3, 2012

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting FO Fridays
As I mentioned earlier this week, it's been a while since we did a FO Friday post. This is about 2 months of knitting so bear with me ;) Since there's so much to show we might need to make 2 separate posts. 1 for me and 1 for Susi (and her BF)

Caro: 
When we left off 2 months ago I was knitting a Taygete Shawl for my mom. Here is the finished one (and it's huge):

I was also nearly done with Mom's Juliet Cardigan. Now it's done:


I did make myself something!The pattern is very pretty but I don't like it on me. *shrug* I  should have made it for mom who really wanted the same. LOL But the edging took SO long there's no way I'm making 2 of them.  Watershed cardi:


My first real colorwork sweater! I made an Umbrella sweater but I changed the design and added Hedgehogs instead. It's FAR from perfect but I'm still happy with it. And mom too so that's the most important.


I saw a wonderful pattern I had to make, Johanna Jacket ! It was such a fun and quick jacket to knit. LOVE it. It took only 1.1 skeins of Cascade Eco +. We should awesome flower buttons and I'm super happy about the result. The jacket is seamless! Also it has a stretchy waist band. Really awesome pattern. I think I knitted it in 3 days

I am addicted to Cascade Eco+ yarn and mom wanted a cardi with a hood. I found a great pattern where I only needed 1 skein to knit a cardi. The Lighthouse Keeper's Wife. I did modify it a bit because the original pattern was WAY too long in the front and it rolled/curled on itself a lot.  Super happy with the  mods.  I only wish my Kitchener Stitch was better. The seam on the hood is still visible.

My neighbor's daughter is having a baby in September. I'm trying to find a pretty present for her. I knitted a In Threes cardi with a cute flower. I just need to find pretty buttons. Also it was supposed to be Newborn size but it's at least a 3months size.
And last (and least lol), I made a Poppy hat but I will NOT give it for the baby it's just not pretty enough (also it's way bigger than newborn size). I will try again and this time with German Short Rows. I don't want the wraps to be so obvious. Well at least I learned how to crochet a pretty flower =)

Phew! That's it. 2 months of knitting. 

Stay tuned later in the day for Part 2 :Susi and BF's post!

As usual if you want to see more FOs check out Tami's Blog:  http://tamisamis.blogspot.fr/

14 comments:

Maria said...

LOVE the hedgehogs! That's just so cute!

MrsMixx said...

@Maria: Thank you =) I plan on making another one with either turtles or frogs or owl. I'm not decided yet ;)

Memo Box said...

I love everything you made, especially the hedgehog sweater. The In Threes cardigan is one of my favourite patterns, I've made at least 3 so far and will make more.

MrsMixx said...

@Pretty Mades Thank you =)
I will definitely make more In Threes cardigans. It's so cute and easy I think it'll become my new Baby-present from now on.

Nicky said...

Wow!!! You've been super busy! Lovely projects ... all of them. I can't get over how many garments you've made in such a short time!

Chrissy said...

What an amazing collection of finished project. Such lovely things there are too many to list!

Unknown said...

Wow, what great Fos. The hedgehogs on the one sweater are adorable. I love it XD

Unknown said...

I want one of each please...

Aurian said...

It is all so very pretty! You could make your job from it!

Unknown said...

Everything is amazing. I love that navy cardi. It looks awesome and the shaping is great!

MrsMixx said...

@Nicky Thanks =) This is why I'm loving Bulky yarn. you can knit cardigans in 3 days. Love that!

@Stitched Together : Thank you. It's my mom who's the most happy about that. She's the recipient of most of these knits ;)

@Tawnee Isne: Merci! I found these Hedgehogs too cute not to knit them

@Mary ;) The only bad part about some of these projects is that they were so intense to knit I'm not sure I could ever knit them again LOL

@Aurian Thank you Aurian! Ah I wish! I'm not fast enough for it to be worth the time I spend on them. I've had some requests from friends and family but I'm not ready for that yet. =P

@Heather =D Thanks! I loved that pattern. The funniest part is that I'm the only one who knitted this project on Raverly. I find it super weird because the pattern is made of awesomesauce!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Wow! I'm loving the hedgehogs, but all the projects are great.

Kim Sonksen said...

Woweeeeee - all those projects ROCK!!!!
I have found that the kitchener stitch does not look quite as invisible as it does on other garments. I am not sure why, but on my socks the KS looks perfect but on a hoodie it doesn't seem to work.

MrsMixx said...

@Marie: Thank you =)It's the project I'm most proud of so far. No perfect but I'm happy with it

@Kim Sonksen =D Merci beaucoup!
Ohhh then it's not just me. I've tried and tried but it's never invisible for me. I never tried knitting socks so I can't even tell.
Oh well at east it's less visible than mattress stitch ;)

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP