WIP Wednesday (6)

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting WIP Wednesdays
This week it's just me (Caro), since Susi is being held hostage by her family ;)

I'm still working on my Little Birds cardigan. I finished knitting to the underarm and it went pretty fast. But now I have to knit the sleeves before I can join them to the body and keep on knitting.
Did I mention that I HATE knitting sleeves. If it was only me I'd only wear sleeveless garments! This time it's even worse than usual because I find it hard to knit fair-isle in the round on DPNs. It's difficult to keep the floats/tension uniform between 2 DPNs.
It's taken me longer to knit 1 sleeve than for the entire body! Now I'm starting sleeve #2 and it's a slow progress.
I love the tubular Cast-on, (even if it takes longer to knit). The cuffs are very elastic.
The original pattern sports  3/4 sleeves. Mom wants full length sleeves so I'm making a few mods.

Mods for the sleeves:

  • Knitted 4" (instead of 3) of beaded ribbing (20 repeats instead of 15)
  • Added an additional repeat of bird/leaves to the top of the sleeve (in the straight part, to keep the same # of stitches). 

I love the Koigu yarn the colors are very flashy (more in real than on my pics). The Spud& Chloe yarn is also super soft and it has a shiny sheen (prolly the bit of silk in it)
I'm hoping to finish the 2nd sleeve by Friday.

In the meantime I also knitted Clue #4 of my Mystery Shawl by Stephen West but it wasn't working out. So I ripped it and I just need to start back. <== I'm waiting for the burn of ripping to pass ;)


I needed something mindless I could knit when I got too bored of the sleeves. So I started a Snug As A Bug Sleep Sack. It'll be a Baby gift for my neighbor who's expecting a girl for the end of September.  I wanted to tame my stash (a little), but now I'm not sure I'll have enough to finish it. =P
I like the idea of knitting a cute sleep sack to keep the baby warm but I'm unsure if the mother will like it. After all...it's a sack! lol
I'm using bulky yarn so I had to cast on less stitches. It might not be large enough though. I think I should have taken into account that fair-isle make it tighter.
We'll see.

That's all for now.  Don't forget to visit Tami's Amis to see what everyone else is knitting

7 comments:

fishgirl182 said...

ooh rainbow little birds. how adorable. this one has been on my to knit list for a long time. can't wait to see how it comes out!

MrsMixx said...

@Fishgirl182 Oh it's been on mine for a long time too. I'm not sure what decided me =P It's really a challenge. I really hoped to finish it before my parents came back from vacation next week. I'll have to knit faster if I want to make it =P

Memo Box said...

I love this! I'm a sucker for rainbowns.

Unknown said...

Such adorable color. Looks like your managing the floats even though its difficult in the round for the sleeves. I have been itching for a project with fair isle lately.

MrsMixx said...

@Pretty Mades Thank you. I am starting to love rainbow yarns too. Such a great effect!

@Amaryllis Musings: =) Thanks. Fair Isle is so addictive! I think I'll keep knitting more fair isle this yarn! =)

Contessa said...

The colorwork on that cardigan looks overwhelming!! I don't blame you for needing the break.

The sleep sack is so cute, too--I hope the mom-to-be likes it. :)

MrsMixx said...

@Contessa I hope so too!It's always the risk with knitting baby gifts...you can always find a mom with difficult tastes. I had a friend who just made fun of knitted baby hat, cardis... only 'store bought' clothes for hes baby *eyeroll*

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP