May's HEAs

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Susi's Reads:
May was my recommendation months. Most books were highly rec’d or review books I actually hungered for- so this list is nearly completely full of win. YAY! Hope June will stay that way.

1. Goddess With A Blade by Lauren Dane - 4 stars
Surprisingly different from Dane's usual style. Gritty and witty urban fantasy with a slight touch of romance. Review will be posted tonmorrow at BLI together with an author interview and giveaway *hint*

2. A Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair, #1) by Allison Pang - 4stars
This was a recommendation from Caro and I have to admit I resisted for a long time cuz the only thing I could imagine while thinking of this book was unicorns.*shudders* But this best best and funniest unicorn ever. Funny and witty read with more smex than I expected. So YAY!
3. Come Back to Me by Julia Rachel Barrett - 4 stars
Such an emotional book. This one really touched me on the deepest level. It is a book about life and the bad times it has. Be warned it is full of heartbreak, pain and sadness but we shouldn’t look away from those. Recommended read.
4. Menage by Emma Holly - 4 stars
Another recommendation I got on twitter for smexy contemporary and OMG it was just that- smexy. LOL Nothing like I read before. It is focused on all things sexual but still adds a emotional twist to the story. Very nice done.
5. The Neon Graveyard (Signs of the Zodiac, #6) by Vicki Pettersson - 4 stars
This is one novel I hungered for over a year and it delivered what I wanted. Great final book in a great and unique series. My full review can be found here. You really should check that series out.
6. Contra Alliance: Shadows of the Past by Tom Kolega - DNF
I really looked forward to this book but it wasn’t as I expected it to be. Too much military in it for me- the pacifist in me can just take so much. LOL I was also confused by all the code-names and military abbreviations. But bf really loved this book so it seems to be me being picky. You can read bf’s review here.
7. Seeing Stars by Megan Hart - 4 stars
Set in the world of Passion Model- love that setting and the story really fits the overall “problems” of that society. Check it out.
8. Strange Attractions by Emma Holly - 3 stars
Again really nice and smexy but her approach to scientific part wasn’t for me. Perhaps my inner geek can’t handle this. LOL I even discussed her ideas with bf and we agree on this one.
9. Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) by Lorelei James - 4 stars
Another recommendation and oh why didn’t I start these sooner. Hot hot cowboys. Me likey- even though some parts were to much for me- made me feel like a prude. You can read the Cowboypst here.
10. Sugar Daddy (Travises #1) by Lisa Kleypas - 4 stars
Adored it- so different from the usual romance. Loved it. Rave about it can be found here. It deserves all the praise it got on twitter.
11. Enemy Games (Enemy, #2) by Marcella Burnard - 4 stars
I really love this series- Burnard writes wonderfully complex scifi romance. Great setting and characterization. Full review @ Book Lovers Inc.
12. Kamikaze (Last Call, #1) by Moira Rogers - 5 stars
This one was pure bliss. A short cute read, full of sexy times and wonderful geeky wit. I loved how you could feel their connection grow- always surprises me when this happens in such a short story. The characters are quirky and fun- and yes I just adore those hunky geeks- we need more of those in real life because seriously I agree with the heroine: geeks are sexy as hell. Very recommended- this really made my day sweeter.
13. Accidental Abduction by Eve Langlais - 2 stars
This one wasn’t what I expected. Silly at times and full of the annoyingly immature and antagonizing heroine. Also the story is weirdly familiar. More soon in review.;)
Note: I finished Kiss of Snow on June 1st but Caro forbade me to include so I won’t tell you how much made of awesomesauce it is. *sticks out tongue*
Caro: PS: Don’t you try to cheat Susi!!! June 1st is JUNE!!! LOL *g*
Susi: Most of it was read in MAY!!! LOL
Caro: I don’t wanna hear it!! You already read more books than me LOL *stick tongues out too*


Caro's Reads:
I can say this was a good month book-wise. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I stop reading book I don’t like? lol yes probably. But that’s something I’ll have to deal with sooner or later. I discovered a few new authors and I’m very happy with the result. Also I listen to Audiobooks while driving to work and the suspense is killing me. I can’t wait to go back into my car every time *g* :
1. Master of Crows by Grace Draven 4 ½ Stars
Very good fantasy romance. The world-building is intricate and fascinating. Top quality fantasy! And very smexy.
2. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones (Audiobook) 4 Stars
What a funny UF! I giggled a lot both the book and the narrator worked for me! I’m pretty sure it worked because of the narrator. Made it very lively.

3. For I have Sinned by Darynda Jones 5 Stars 
I LOVED this short story. It’s from a ghost’s POV and it’s heart-wrenching, funny, cute. All that in only a few pages. Not to be missed!
4. Breathless by Anne Stuart 4,5 Stars 
(review to come soon) Wow, Anne Stuart did it again. This book made me go all O_O a few times. And the ending is so bittersweet. It has one REALLY evil and twisted hero! Def worth reading!

5. The Wedding of the Centuryy by Mary Jo Putney 4stars , Kristin James 3,5 stars, Charlotte Featherstone 4,5 stars
I loved this anthology. The Charlotte Featherstone story is the cherry on the top <3 <3 *swoon* Review can be found here.
6. The Truth about Lord Stoneville by Sabrina Jeffries 5 Stars
I loved this book. Start of a great series. I love the mystery unfolding piece by piece.
7. A Hellion in Her Bed by Sabrina Jeffries 5 Stars
Loved it too! Again I have nothing to say against this book. <3 Great series, great writing.
8. Spider Bites by Jennifer Estep (Audiobook) 4 Stars
It was a huge change from my usual funny audiobooks. It started slow but now I'm addicted. The narrator is growing on me.
9. Poison by Jennifer Estep 4 Stars
I started reading it before Spider Bites and I wasn’t getting interested. I went back to it after and I really enjoyed it. It’s easier to appreciate it when we know the characters. Cute.

10. The Devil in Disguise by Stephanie Sloane 3,5/4 stars
(review to come soon) I liked it but i wanted a bit more. I think some things were too rushed. Still good though.
Did you discover any great reads last month we should check out?

8 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

I really want Pang's book :D And Sugar daddy is on its way.

I discovered Delirium, awesome book

Anachronist said...

Delirium I am going to read to, wow, you two were busy! I wish you an equally good June!

Aurian said...

I don't come here that long, so no idea what you both like to read. I have been re-reading my Alyssa Day books while waiting for A Vampire in Atlantis. Savage Nature by Christine Feehan is great, as she is always.
And Kevin Hearne - Hounded, the first of the Iron Druid series, I immediately bought the whole series.
I also love the Sabrina Jeffries books.

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

Thanks for the mention. Loved A Hellion in Her Bed and Master of Crows.

MrsMixx said...

@Blodeuedd oh...I started Delirium months ago but I stopped and I can't make myself pick it up again. Will have to try again.

@Anachronist Thank you! I wish you the same =) I keep hearing good stuff about Delirium...I guess I wasn't in a distopyan mood when i started it. Will def try again!

@Aurian You said the magic word 'hounded'!! *squeeee* I listened to this audiobook then ordered the 3 books too . It was just TOO awesome not too.
I only just discovered the Sabrina Jeffries books but damn they rock!!!

@Julia Master of Crows was heavily recommended by my my fellow book blogger Has. She was so right, it was amazing.

SusiSunshine said...

@Blodeuedd Ohhhh hope you will like those too. And that's a YA no?

@anachronist Thank you sweety!

@Aurian I haven't read the Day books yet but they are on the to buy list. And I never read Feehan either. Should really remedy that.

@Julia Anytime sweety!

Unknown said...

Wow, you both got a lot of reading done,a nd what great looking/sounding books! :-D

Susi, you call Menage smexy? wow, somehow for me smexy is more tame, no now at leats wheny ou recommend somethinga nd say it is sexy, I know I'll have to expect scorching, explosive smut! ;-D lol

Come Back to Me sounds haunting. I love emotional and heartwrenching stories, especially of they are well done.

I added Sugar Daddy to my wishlist thanks to your praises ;-)

and me want some Marcella Burnard books too ;-) (again your fault of persuasion Susi ;-p)

Caro, I haven't read anything by Anne Stuart yet, but Breathless looks so beautiful!!

Glad you enjoyed Spider's Bite, since then I devoured Book 2 and can't wiat to see where Jennifer Estep will take it from there :-)

I also have Master of Crows on my TBR list, sounds yummy :-D

Great month Ladies, bravo and good luck and happy reading for June too! :-) *hugs*

SusiSunshine said...

@Stella LOL yes I do. I'm a perv I know. But there are books out there which make me shudder. LOL I swear. AQnd you should give Julia a try. She is awesome like her books. And so not sorry about the pimping LOL *pumps fists*

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP