FO Friday (1)

Friday, May 4, 2012

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting FO Fridays
Today it's finally time to show off some of our recents FOs (finished objects). Let's say we are pretty excited.

Susi:
I adore Kirsten Kapur's designs and the first time I saw this one I knew I had to make one for myself. Hell, it has stripes and pretty lace. *g*

I combined 2 self-striping yarns. One has some beige and green tones and the other one is a bit pinkish till orange. Was a bit of a dare but I like it.

I pretty much followed the pattern on this one. I just added some beads in the first Eyelet section.

The Picot bind-off was a close call. I had like 10cm of the yarn left when I was done. 





This bag actually was only a filler project I started while I waited for the new yarn to arrive. The pattern on ravelry (Garter Stripe Square Bag by Ishi-knit)is in Japanese but thanks to all the other notes I got the gist of it without actually knowing any Japanese. LOL It's made of 22 more or less square garter patches sewn together. The knitting was easy peasy and fast and well I like how the colors work together. The sewing was a pain- I HATE sewing but I survived the sewing day from hell. At the top  of the bag I added an I-cord edge to make it a bit neater. The lining is an old blouse and surprisingly the stripes work with the stripes from the squares. At least for me. The straps are made of 6 crochet chains each and are simply braided together. 

Caro:


Last November I decided to join the WestKnit Shawl Club because I really love Stephen West's designs. So every month I got a pattern and April was the last. Stephen added Chevry as a Bonus pattern and I couldn't resist knitting it. I love the play of colors and shapes and textures.

One color is knitted in stockinette the other is knitted in garter. That means LESS PURLS!!! LOL (Yes like Susi I hate purling)
I admit that I got lazy and I only did 3 repeats of Section 4 instead of 4 =P But I think it's long enough as it is.

The Malabrigo sock yarn is awesome. It softens considerably after blocking. Colorway used: Arbol and Ochre.
I love the Arbol color. It's the second shawl I knit with it and it won't be the last.





 My mom kept complaining that I never knitted her anything (which isn't true!). So I complied and searched for a pattern she would like. Believe me she's picky! No stripes, no 'manly' shapes, not more than 1 color. Well actually when I asked her which color to make it, she said 'White or beige or black'. Hum mom those aren't colors LOL.  And she wanted some kind of Cotton yarn. Anyway I've been a good daughter and I decided to knit her Andrea's Shawl in just 1 color *rolls eyes*.
This shawl was a NIGHTMARE! I love the result but OMG I thought I would give up a thousand times. First and only time  I'll ever knit a bottom-up shawl. The bottom lace border felt like it would never end. After hours knitting I didn't have much to show for it.  Btw I knitted the Large size because it was stated by many others that it sized very small. Good thing I didn't go the lazy way. The Large size is perfect.
Since I didn't do stripes I added Eyelets rows every 20 rows to give it structure. I really love how it ended up looking. It has a vintage/old style look that fits my mom. She loves it to pieces so YAY. Mission accomplished!

Those are our recent FOs.  =)

14 comments:

Suzanne McLeod said...

Wow! I am seriously IMPRESSED by you two ladies! Hot damn, you both have SKILLZ!

MrsMixx said...

@Suzanne Merci beaucoup hon! *hugs* I still have a LOT to learn but at least I feel I made progress since last year *g*

Yarn-Madness said...

All those are absolutely gorgeous! :D Damn, I need to knit ever more shawls!

Unknown said...

Oh my, every time I see photos of your knitting projects I'm left speechless! You two are incredible! When you run out of friends and family requests you should definitely open an Etsy shop ;-D Congrats Ladies they look beautiful!

Pearlin J said...

all the projects are soo lovely!the shawls are just gorgeous!the bag soo cool!

fishgirl182 said...

ooh yes! knitting on the blog. i love it. wow you guys have been making some awesome shawls lately. i need to make some. i love kristen kapur and own many of her patterns. and ijust met stephen west last night! i bought his newest pattern book and am excited to start knitting from it. great job, ladies!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's a tie thsi week; I love everything from both of you. But on reflection, Andrea's shawl! AWESOME!

SarahFay said...

Wow! The shawls and bag are incredible.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

That bag is full of awesome! And I too love Stephen West designs, although haven't made any yet...that Chevry is very cool!

HillyT said...

Wow, you girls are total knitting divas. This work is beautiful! You really make me wish I could knit lace, but I just don't think I have the patience.

Aurian said...

Wow ladies, all those things are just stunningly beautiful! I have never seen self made knitted things look that good!

MrsMixx said...

@Madeleine 6 months ago I thought shawls were useless and boring. Now I nearly only knit shawls LOL you could say i'm addicted ;)

@Stella Hehe thank you hon. I had to be clear from the beginning with friends and family because when they heard I was knitting they all started asking for things. I only indulge my mom ;) After that I knit as presents not on requests. I don't knit fast enough to do that and still have fun. =P

@Pearlin J Merci =) I love the bag too you should see the lining it's awesome!

@fishgirl182 Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you met Stephen!!! *g* I really admire his patterns.
Kristen Kapur has amazing patterns, I have a huge crush on her Ziggity.

@Minding My Own Stitches: =) thank you. I loved the result so much I considered making another for like 1 minute. Then I came to my senses lol ;)

@SarahFay Merci =)

@Gracey is not my name: I love his designs they always play with structure and/or colors. love that!

@Hilly I thought the same way last year. I thought I would never have the patience but now i'm completely addicted!

@Aurian thank you Aurian!! *g*

Dahle said...

I LOVE the cladonia shawl. I just added it to my queue.

MrsMixx said...

@Dahle *g* It's on mine too. There's a reason so many people knitted it, it's coz it's awesome!! Can't wait to see your finished Cladonia

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP