WIP Wednesday (2)

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting WIP Wednesdays
Welcome back to WIP Wednesday where we show you what's currently on our needles.

Susi: I finished my Color Affection last weekend and desperately wanted to started a lace shawl and was again caught in I-can't-decide-what-to-knit-next-hell. *sigh* I spent hours looking for a new knit and at some points had a bazillion tabs in my browser open and couldn't decide. So what did I start? A shawl I already knit in the past.

I started a new Ziggity by Kirstin Kapur because the first one I made was a gift for my mom. I loved that one so much that I actually considered keeping it for myself. But I was a good daughter and made her happy with the pretty. So I cast on again. This time I was a bit daring and knit with Malabrigo Lace in Marron Oscuro and Sapphire Green. I hope it won't come out too small as the pattern is made for fingering weight. We will see. And if it's still tiny after all the lace panels I can always add an extra lace panel. Or so I hope.

Also my bf started knitting a week or two ago and he already finished his first project. After that he started a Chevry by Stephen West because he loved  Caro's so much. I'm unbelievable proud of him and well his progress is scary fast. A really clever knitter if you remember that he touched knitting needles for the time just 2 weeks ago. LOL God, I love that guy.

Caro:  First I'd like to say I'm super proud of Susi's bf and I love his project already. Go bf!! *cheers*!  So last week I only had a few stripes on my Catkin shawl but I've been working on it a LOT and I'm just a few rows from the end. I was really scared of running out of pink yarn and believe me it was a close call. I only had a few yards left.

I'm super happy of the result. I was scared of the charts and it's lucky I had Susi to explain how they worked LOL Hopefully I'll have finished pics for Friday's post.

Here's what's on our needles this week. 

11 comments:

Aurian said...

Wow a male knitter! Good for you! What a great boyfriend you picked Susi! And I love that last picture.

Unknown said...

OMG Susi, your bf is one of a king, a male knitting talent, congrats to him and you for zhaving such a wonderful bf with whom you can share all your hobbies :-D

I wanted to let you know, that being the curious one I am I tried clicking all the links in the post but as I'm not a member of Ravelry I couldn't access any of the photos :-( *sad Stella*

And congrats Caro that pink shawl looks beautiful! (and the photo looks really professional as well ;-p lol)

Unknown said...

ps. lol typo in my first comment I meant "one of a kind", but seems my keyboard had other ideas lol :-D

Anonymous said...

How I love knitted shawls; both of yours are coming along so beautifully! I would teach my DH to knit but then we'd probably fight over yarn, so it's better this way :-)

SusiSunshine said...

@Aurian Yes indeed. HE was a good choice. *g*

@Stella here and here pics of the one i made for mom. =D

@del So far he'S only allowed to use I don't want. LMAO I'm scared of him wanting the good stuff. *wink*

HillyT said...

You girls are brilliant, almost enough to persuade me to put down my hook and have another go with the needles. Almost...

fishgirl182 said...

i can't believe susi's bf is knitting a stephen west shawl 2 weeks in. that's insane and awesome. lovely shawls, ladies. you make me want to start one now, but i have to make a baby blanket next week. perhaps after that.

and loving that color combo, caro!

MrsMixx said...

@Aurian I'm seriously amazed that he decided to learn to knit. I think it's awesomesauce!

@Stella Damn I didn't know you couldn't look without having an account :/ Thanks hon, it's now drying . I wish it could be dry already so I could wear it.

@Del I did tell her it was a risk and he would soon be stealing her yarn! ;)

@HillyT I wish I had more crocheting skills. As of today I can only make very basic stuff in crochet. It doesn't help that I am left-handed. Most tutorials show right hand.

@fishgirl182 It IS insane! He's incredible. I do not have the patience to knit blankets, you're very brave.
thanks! Right now I'm super frustrated because I cannot decide on which colors to knit my knew shawl. It's driving me bonkers.

Liz said...

I love the brown and green together! I hope adding another lace panel works out for you :) Your bf's Chery is looking great. Just two weeks knitting? Wow he makes good progress! I love Catkin and can't wait to see it finished, it's gorgeous and I'm glad you had enough pink :)

SusiSunshine said...

@HillyT LOL I really have to try more crochet projects. I'm so thinking about trying one of those hairpin lace blankets. *g*

@fishgirl182 Yes, I can't believe he sticks with it either. Will cheer for your babablanket.

@Liz Thank you hon! We had a group discussion about which color to use for the lace in the Ziggity. And well bf and Caro voted for green so I started it that way. And I agree the Catkin is awesome. I want one too now.

Truly Myrtle said...

Yay for boyfriend knitting!
I know that feeling of darting from pattern to pattern and yarn to yarn.... oh too well. Funny how we end up doing something familiar! It will be lovely - enjoy :)

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP