WIP Wednesday (1)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting WIP Wednesdays
Welcome to our 1st edition of WIP Wednesday! Let's take a closer look at what's currently on our needles.

Caro's WIPs:
 A new week a new project! I’ve been itching to knit myself a Catkin shawl. To be honest I spent 2 whole days trying to decide on the colors. It’s the most important part of it all in my opinion. I’m in freaking LOVE with these colors. I’m using Madelinetosh Merino Light in Graphite and Fragrant. It’s such a pleasure to knit I can’t stop. <3 My only problem is that I keep stopping every 5 minutes to pet the WIP LOL



 I’m also knitting a Hekate shawl . Susi made one a few weeks ago and I knew I had to make one too! *g* . But as much as it was pretty easy for the most part, I’m struggling with the last lace part. It’s even more annoying considering that Susi said it was the “funnest” part to knit =P. I should point out that she loves knitting charts and I HATE charts! Anyway, I really like how the red pops out. It’s so big I’m having trouble taking any decent pic of it while on the needles.  It's the second shawl I knit from this designer and it won't be the last I'm sure. She has such wonderful patterns!



I still have quite a few WIPs on my needles (like my Aidez Cardi!) but the others will have to wait a little longer. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Susi's WIPs:

 I started a new Color Affection last week. This time in lace weight and I’m in love with the colors and the yarn. The stripes are just awesome and the colors are way more vivid in real. It’s a little sunshine good mood shawl. The first striped section was a bit of an endurance test but I survived and I’m now happily doing the three colored stripes. *g* I’m a bit worried yarnwise though. The last full length yellow stripe from the previous section looks like it’s starting to felt. All this going up and down on needle while I’m doing the short rows seems to be taking its toll. We will see if that will be visible after blocking. Fingers crossed it won’t. >.<



My second project will probably hibernate a bit now. I started a Shapely Boyfriend cardi and I do like how it works out but OMG so many purls on the WS. >.<  I hate purling but well I will be a good girl and do a row here and there- mostly at work so the progress is always minimal. But well I can be patient with this one. (if you take a closer look at pic I just lost some stitches from my right needle while taking the pic but I could catch them all *whew*)



Here you have it! This is what's keeping us busy this week =)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

wow all of your wips looks fantastic, such wonderful colour choices

cleancup said...

Really nice colors from both of you-- I've been toying with a color affection for a couple of weeks, but I can't make a choice on the colors when it comes right down to it.

cleancup said...

Really nice colors from both of you-- I've been toying with a color affection for a couple of weeks, but I can't make a choice on the colors when it comes right down to it.

HillyT said...

Lovely projects from you both, your blog is new to me but it looks great.

Unknown said...

Wow, you really are Knitting Machines! How you juggle so many WIPs at the same time is a wonder! Congrats Ladies,a nd please do post photos once they are finished! (Love the black-graphite-red colours Caro, and your yellow-orange one looks lovey as well Susi!)

And do you listen to audiobooks or watch TV while knitting?

MrsMixx said...

@Vicky =) thanks! We're both colors addicts

@Cleancup I know how you feel I still can't decide on which colors to make my color Affection either! =P I look at what people knitted and so many looks awesome I just can't decide.

@Hilly thank you =) We're very new to Knitting Blog world. (as in we started last week LOL)

@Stella I mostly watch Tv series on my laptop while knitting. I listen to Audiobooks when I need to keep my eyes on my knitting. But yeah these days I'd watched a lot of series LOL.

Aurian said...

Lol most of this post is gibberish to me, but I can admire the pictures :)

SusiSunshine said...

@Vicki Thank you!

@cleancup It'S my second Color Affection and I love this pattern. *g* I'm a stripe addict. ^_^

@HillyT Thank you.

@Stella When I'm alone iI listen to audiobooks when bf is here we usually watch some tv shows. We just started rewatching Boston Legal. *g*

@Aurian Thank you! LOL

Carolyn Crane said...

Pretty!!!

mkonieczki said...

You've both got some really great projects in progress! I'm completely smitten with the palate in the color affection !!!

SusiSunshine said...

@Carolyn Thank you sweety!

@mkonieczki Thank you and believe choosing colors always takes me hours. In this case even days. LOL

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Caro - love the graphite colour especially. I use a highlighter tape to keep me on track with charts - maybe that would help?

Susi - those are the best colours ever for the colour affection. Now that I've seen yours I'm far more interested in adding it to my queue!

MrsMixx said...

@Aurian Yep indeed it wouldn't have made any sense to me either 2 year ago. ;)

@Carolyn Thank you =)

@mkonieczki I know right! I love her choice of colors. Every time she shows me new progress pictures I keep thinking of a sunrise/sunset.

@Minding My Own Stitches! Oh I will do just that! Seriously I get lost all the time. It takes me ages to find where I am on the chart. I will do the highlight thing and hopefully it will help! thank you.

HannahW said...

Very nice WIPs. For some reason I want eat the sunshiney one.. it looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

SusiSunshine said...

@Minding My Own Stitches Thank you!! I do love the colors too. Looking at it always lifts my mood.

@hannahw LOL it does look yummy. Thank you too!

Faith (the Vampire Slayer) said...

Caro -- I had the same problem when I used Tosh yarns. They're so squishy and petable (one t? two? pettable? whatever)

Susi -- I'm glad you caught your stitches!

Liz said...

The shawls are all gorgeous! I've been seeing so many striped shawls around recently I had to start my own :) I hope there's no felting on the colour affection and it all works out!

SusiSunshine said...

@Faith Me too! *whew* indeed ;)

@Liz I adore stripes- just can't get enough of them.

Tanya said...

lots of lovely shawls here, though that yellow one looks like its going to be particularly loevly!

Looking at all these just makes me jealous.. I want more shawls!

Unknown said...

Oh your color affection shawl is so awesome. I love the yellow you picked

MrsMixx said...

@hannahw Ah yes! Much like when I hear of Candy Skeins I think about sweets!

@Faith *g* Wonderful yarns need to be touched! =D Susi has the same problem with the Malabrigo Lace =P

@Liz Susi infected me with her stripes addiction. Seriously the woman would knit stripes on everything if she could LOL
I'll give her that, stripes makes long knits less boring knit =)

@Omlair I think 2012 is the year of Shawls for Susi and I. They are just so fun to make. And way less complicated than socks lol <== I don't know how to make socks, does it show? LOL

@Kathleen I can't wait to see Susi's finished Color Affection! But with her speed it should be done any day now!

@Heather I <3 it too. I think she chose Cadmium in Malabrigo Lace.

SusiSunshine said...

@omlair I adore shawls right now. Can't stop making new ones. I always seem to want more.

@Kathleen Thank you! And I agree, I have the urge to pat Caro's Catkin. Adore those colors.

@Heather Thank you! I love it too! *g*

Post a Comment

Stats

Book Lovers Inc.

All the HEAs

3 1/2 stars (1) 4 1/2 stars (1) 4 stars (1) about happy books (1) Allie Beckstrom (1) Allison Brennan (1) Ann Aguirre (2) Anne Stuart (2) Annemarie Hartnett (3) audiobooks (1) baby (2) bags (2) ballwinder (1) Bethany Kane (1) BLI (3) Blodeuedd (1) Blood and Shadows (1) Bolero (1) Book Addiction (1) Book Lovers Inc (4) books (1) Cardigan (5) Carolyn Jewel (1) charlotte Featherstone (1) Chevry (1) Christina Henry (1) covers (6) cowboys (1) craziness (1) Cynthia Eden (1) Darynda Jones (1) Daybreak (2) Deidre Knight (2) Devon Monk (1) diy (1) DNF (1) Earworm of the Week (4) Emma Holly (1) Erin McCarthy (1) erotica (7) eurovision (1) FO Friday (4) Gena Showalter (1) Guest HEAs (3) guest review (1) guestposting (1) hat (1) historical (1) Ilona Andrews (2) inez kelley (2) J.D. Robb (1) Jaci Burton (3) Jean Brashear (1) Jill Sorenson (1) Joely Sue Burkhart (5) Joey W. Hill (1) Julia Barrett (7) Karen MacInerney (1) Keri Arthur (2) Kevin Hearne (1) Kirsten Kapur (1) knitting (8) Kresley Cole (1) Krista D. Ball (1) Lauren Dane (4) Lea closetreader (1) Leanna Renee Hieber (1) Leslie Parrish (1) Lexi Ryan (2) Linda Howard (1) Linda Jones (1) LIsa Kleypas (1) Lorelei James (1) Lucani Lovers (3) Malabrigo Yarn (1) Marked Series (3) Maya Banks (6) megan hart (5) Middlemarch Mates (1) Moira Rogers (8) monthly HEAs (4) Olivia Cunning (1) originally posted at The Geeky Bookworm (86) Paris (1) play by play (1) review (94) Richelle Mead (1) Riley Jenson (2) Robert E. Crull (1) Robyn Carr (2) Rough Riders (1) S.J. Day (3) Sara Brookes (1) Saskia Walker (1) Shannon McKelden (1) shawls (7) Shelley Munro (1) Sherry Thomas (1) Shiloh Walker (2) Sirantha Jax (2) Southern Arcana (3) Stacia Kane (1) Star Runner (1) steeking (1) Stephanie Julian (4) Stephen West (3) Stilettos INC (2) Susi (3) Sweet Series (3) Sydney Somers (1) Taygete (1) Teal Ceagh (3) The Connaghers (2) The Edge Series (1) The House of Rohan (1) The Travises (1) Tina Donahue (2) Tracey O'Hara (1) tracy cooper-posey (1) Victoria Dahl (4) WIP (5) WIP Wednesday (6)

Popular Posts

  © On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 Modified by SusiSunshine   © Secret HEA Society 2010

Back to TOP